S. Maria dei Minniti
Founded by the nobleman Pietro Minniti, from whom it
took its name, the church of S. Mary stood, according to Prota
– “where the Palazzo Hyerace stands”. It was completely destroyed
in the 1783 earthquake and subsequently moved to the church
of S. Maria di Valverde, otherwise known as Badia, a real jewel
of 1700s art.
The church of San Leo was built by local hands in the
1700s. This religious edifice, whose layout is that of a Latin
cross, housed the confraternity of the Immacolata until 1842,
the year in which they were transferred to the church del Carmine.
Subsequently the church was de-consecrated and turned into a
Municipal Theatre, today a conference hall.